Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I WON'T RESIGN - MUHYIDDIN

KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 15 (Bernama) -- Umno Vice-President Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin says he will not resign from his post despite his recent remark on the country's leadership transition plan.

Muhyiddin, who said on Wednesday that the timeframe for the plan was too long, said today he would instead leave it to Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi to determine if he had done anything wrong which deserved action.

The International Trade and Industry Minister insisted that he did nothing wrong as he was only doing his duty as cabinet and party member in conveying the views of the grassroots.

"I have done nothing wrong; there are many people who have spoken about many things and there are even among Umno leaders who have said things that can be considered going against (the party).

"I don't think that my statement is unusual or burdening the country; I just want to help improve (the situation) and create awareness (about it)... because if we don't do something, a bigger problem may occur," he said.

"There may be people who don't like to see my face in the cabinet, so they demanded (for my resignation), but I've been discharging my duties and responsibilities... what then is the problem?" he told reporters after launching the Women Entrepreneurs Award 2008 today.

More:http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v5/newspolitic.php?id=359248

No comments: